Announcing #amplifiEDU Chat
The concept of amplified education is fascinating!
The Free Dictionary defines the verb “amplify” as:
- To make larger or more powerful; increase.
- To add to, as by illustrations; make complete.
Thinking of amplifying teaching and learning, we think of:
- being able to reach a global audience (instead of the audience of one)
- collaborating with potentially thousands of people
- collecting authentic data (through crowdsourcing)
- learning with people from around the world (impossible without the use of technology)
- having a voice (instead of having to rely on a middle man to give me permission, decide if I should be heard or not)
- having access to information beyond my own research capabilities and time (learning how to search people in addition to information alone)
- moving from using technology as a substitute to redefining teaching and learning
We are excited to be able to “amplify” our thoughts (pun intended) by “making learning larger”, “increase” the perspectives and best practices… work on adding puzzle pieces of teaching reflections from our learning network.
Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano (USA), Andrea Hernandez (USA), Chic Foote (New Zealand) and Silvana Scarso (Brazil), will practice what they preach and amplify teaching and learning via a Twitter Chat, sparking a conversation and moving forward to
- define amplified teaching and learning
- share resources
- support each other
- learn with others
- crowdsource examples of best practices in professional development and from the classroom
- practice amplification skills
Interested? Join us for our first #amplifiEDU Twitter Chat on Wednesday, September 9th, 2015 at 8 pm ESTAmplified Education-Join us for the first #amplifiEDU Twitter Chat on Wednesday, Sept 9 at 8 pm EST Click To Tweet
Our topic will be: Set the Tone for the New School Year : Amplify Learning (in honor of the Northern Hemisphere returning to school)
Question 1: What does amplified education mean to you?
Question 2: How do students benefit when their work is amplified?
Question 3: How do professionals benefit when their work is amplified?
Challenge 4: Share an example
Challenge 5: Take the time to give someone a reply
Question 6: What is ONE THING you will amplify this school year?
Question 7: What topics would you like us to discuss in future chats?#amplifiEDU Twitter Chat: Set the Tone for the New School Year : Amplify Learning -Wednesday, 9/9… Click To Tweet
If you have never participated in a Twitter chat, why not give it a try? We promise we won’t bite and make it worth your while.Amplified Education-Join us for the first @amplifiEDU Twitter Chat on Wednesday, Sept 9 at 8 pm EST Click To Tweet
You can check out the following resources to wrap your mind around Twitter Chats: