amplifiEDucation Courses: 5 Steps for Creating Powerful Screencasts for Learning
Coming Soon: 5 Steps for Creating Powerful Screencasts for Learning
Want to be notified when this course becomes available?
This course is for teachers who are interested in scaffolding student learning by making thinking visible and easily available. No matter your comfort level with technology, there is a learning opportunity for you:
- If you are a novice technology user, you will follow easy step by step instructions that will allow the exploration of screencasting as a powerful tool for learning.
- If you are a more experienced technology user but not yet familiar with screencasting, you will be able to quickly learn a new technology and use your creativity to explore its use.
- If you have already experimented with screencasting, you will have the opportunity to reflect on your practice and expand its applications.
Welcome to the “5 Steps for Creating Powerful Screencasts for Learning” course by amplifiEDucation. Have you heard about screencasts but don’t have a clear idea how it can be used for student learning? Have you ever wondered, “Why screencasting” ? Do you have any idea how easy it is to make a screencast? Would you like to experiment with easy-to-use tools and explore screencast possibilities that have impact on students? This course explores possibilities for screencasts that can be developed by teachers and students, focusing on the following ideas:
- Knowledge that can be broken down in SMALL PIECES facilitates step-by-step learning.
- Making explicit what you you do implicitly as a teacher MODELS learning for students.
- Students can be CONTENT CREATORS and contribute to the learning of others.
- METACOGNITION can be easily visible through screencasting.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
In this course you will learn about:
- How you can choose a screencast tool that adjusts to your needs.
- How to feel comfortable doing a screencasting without much preparation.
- How you can identify powerful screencasting opportunities in your teaching.
- How you can explore screencasting with students to empower them as collaborative learners.
- How you can select screencast sharing options that enhance learning.
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- Checklists: to help you choose a screencasting tool that becomes part of your practice workflow.
- Printable cards: to help you choose and remember benefits of different screencasting options.
- Printable cards: to help you follow steps for screencast creation.
- Printable cards: to help you remember options for teacher and student screencasting.